With so many people accessing the Shopify platform every day, it’s important to make sure that your store is secure and protected from unauthorized access.
Locking your Shopify store is an effective way to prevent unauthorized access and protect sensitive information such as customer data, order information, and financial information.
In this article, we will show you:
How To Lock Your Shopify Store
To lock your Shopify store, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your Shopify admin panel.
- Go to the
Online Storesection and select
- Scroll down to the
- Change the
Password protectionsetting to
- Enter a password and save your changes.
Your store will now be locked and require a password to be accessed.
You can also choose to display a “coming soon” page while your store is locked.
See section below to learn why locking might be good idea.
Why Is My Shopify Store Password Protected
Your Shopify store may be password protected for a few reasons, such as:
- Undergoing maintenance. You may have locked your store temporarily to perform maintenance or update your products.
- Launching soon. If you’re preparing to launch your store, you may want to keep the site private until you’re ready to go live.
- Controlling access. You may have enabled password protection to limit access to certain sections of your store, such as the checkout page.
Regardless of the reason, password protection allows you to control who can access your store and when.
By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can take effective measures to lock your store and prevent unauthorized access.
You can do even more with Shopify, see our blog.